Frequently Asked Questions
When do I need new tires?
- Damages to the tire that cannot be fixed.
- Your tread is below 4/32, or cannot pass the “penny” test.
- Irregular tread wear.
- Bulges, bumps or soft spots on the tire.
- Footstep is significantly minimized or flush with the tread bars.
When should I bring in my vehicle for tire balancing?
- If you intend on replacing 2 or 4 tires.
- Every 4,000-6,000 miles, or sooner depending on daily road conditions.
Our experts can help determine whether your tires should be rotated and balanced based on wear or mileage.
When are wheel alignment services recommended?
We perform wheel alignment services with new tires, or during routine tire rotation. You may also need your wheels aligned if:
- Tire tread is wearing unevenly.
- Experience vibration when turning.
- Steering wheel pulls to the left or right.
When is it time for service?
To prevent unnecessary suspension repairs the steering and suspension system must be checked at least once a year. The following are indicators that may require a service visit:
- Pulling to the side while driving.
- Difficulty steering.
- Difficulty driving on uneven roads or dips.
- After going over a bump vehicle continues to bounce.
- Tires shake or stray.
- Steering appears to be slipping.
Why is service important?
When your vehicle’s check engine light is on it can be a sign of many things, from something simple like an oxygen sensor warning in the exhaust to something that requires more attention such as an engine overheating. Our Modica Bro’s experts encourage having potential issues looked at as soon as possible.
When should I bring in my vehicle for a brake inspection?
Modica Bro’s experts recommend having your vehicle’s brakes assessed at least once a year. Keep in mind that if you are often in city traffic or live in an area with a hill you should consider checking your brakes more frequently.
How can I help preserve my brakes?
- Brake fluid should be checked and replaced as needed.
- Parking brake should not be on while driving.
- Brakes should be checked once a year by a professional, and more often if you commute in city traffic, or terrain with hills.
When should I check or change my oil?
- Every 3,000-5,000 miles.
- A common way to know is if the check oil light is on, or if the engine light is on.
- Odd sounds coming from the engine.
- If you notice the oil is dirty.
How often should I have my fluids checked?
Vehicle fluids require routine check-ups. Call our Modica Bro’s representatives, we are happy to assist with any specific questions you may have. Remember you want to avoid vehicle fluids from burning, running out, or collecting debris. Having a proper maintenance routine will ensure a longer life for your vehicle.
What will my tune-up service consist of?
Our Modica Bro’s experts will…
- Inspect and top off all fluids
- Replace air filter
- Switch out gas filters
- Examine distributor cap and replace a new one if needed
- Check blades, and install brand-new blades if necessary
- Place new spark plugs and replace worn out ignition system cables
- Checking and adjust valve-cover gasket
- Switch out Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) valve, if plugged.
I understand it is important to change my air filter, but when should I schedule a service appointment?
Cabin air filters should be replaced every 12,000 miles, or annually. Internal combustion air filters must be monitored more frequently, every 3,000-15,000 miles, or with your routine oil change. For automobiles exposed to severe weather or roadway conditions, the air filters must be replaced more often.